We girls love to get our nails done. This is my second post dedicated to nail polish. My first post was “What sort of a girl you are?” That post was very girly but this one, trust me even guys can find it interesting. Come on, its fun to get to know funny things about random stuff. It sure increases our knowledge, Right? 😀
- During the Ming Dynasty, polish was made from a combination of beeswax, egg whites, gelatin, vegetable dyes and Arabic gum. The polish we use today can give its thanks to the car industry. Today’s polish is a refined version of car paint.
- Nail Polish as we know it today was invented about 5000 years ago by the Chinese with the favored colors being red and black.
- Polish has a shelf life of about two years especially if stored properly.
- Colored nail polishes were invented in the 1920s and the first nail polish was launched by Revlon.
- To preserve nail polish for longer periods of time, keep it in the fridge. Also, avoid leaving the bottle open because this way you not only make it dry but you expose yourself to the poisonous substances it contains.
- Painted nails were not always culturally accepted in some regions of the U.S. in the 1950′s, bright colored polishes such as red were considered promiscuous and all nail polish must be removed on Sundays before religious worship.
- Ultraviolet stabilizers are used in nail polish so that it doesn’t change color when exposed to light!
- Nail polish can help make nails stronger, preventing them from breaking, cracking or splitting.
- In the 19th century, many cookbooks contained ‘recipes’ for making nail polish.
- THIS IS FOR GUYS: In 2010 David Sheath set a world record for the longest advertisement by using 131 bottles of nail polish to paint his white Fiat pink. It took him four days, two hours, and two minutes to accomplish the feat, which can be viewed here. (A MUST SEE VIDEO OF THE GUY PAINTING HIS CAR WITH NAIL POLISH)
- If you are a fair skinned beauty, try to stick with colors with blue undertones. For medium skin toned gals a color that has gold reflects and a warm undertone is best. If you’re a dark skinned lady go for a bold color!
Hope girls and guys equally enjoyed this post. Stay tuned for another fun facts post on next Monday. (You know what, send me topic suggestions for fun facts, who knows I might end up researching on your favorite topic, but please nothing relating to sports and politics. lol) 😀
Other links referred:
Starting today, I will be participating in “Wordless Wednesday”
Works well when it comes to words on Wednesday 🙂
I got these gorgeous earrings from India. I simply LOVE them (Oh did I tell you that they aren’t that light to wear, but still looks GORGEOUS) .
Because it is supposed to be wordless, I will stop right here .
I love getting my nails done. Acrylics, Nail art, Neutral, French and what not, you name it and I have done it. When there is no nail art, I love to paint my nails.
Majority of times I have seen girls wearing Red/Near to Red nail paints, but I love to experiment. I never paint my nails with same color twice in a row, that is boring right? 🙂 At least for me it is. Therefore I have a whole range of nail paints as in Orange, Yellow, Pinks, Greens, Blues etc etc.
Anyway, my whole point of this blog is not to let everyone know about my nails and nail art but to share this interesting article, which I found via a Tweet : Red, Pink, Green? The Meaning of Nail Polish: What Does Your Color Say About You?
My favorite colors are : Magenta, Deep Purple, Blues and Greens. That makes me : Confident, Bright, Vibrant, Youthful, Sophisticated and Authoritative (how appropriate)
Share your favorite, I will love to know you as a person.
Warning: Guys may get bored while reading this. (Oops, I should have put it on top. I swear, It was an innocent mistake :p)
Story of my life is, I shop and shop and shop and then shop some more. I take a look at my closet and see its all stuffed up with variety of apparels and accessories.
But I don’t understand why whenever I need to go out somewhere I don’t find anything good enough to wear. Either all the clothes are too formal or they are too casual. When it is time to attend a casual or a formal event I find all of my clothes too bland. I have no clue why that happens.
Closets full of stuff and yet nothing to wear. I guess its not just me, my friends and my cousins also have the same problem. We shop and shop and still when its time to wear something we always feel that we need more stuff. Is it because we are insanely addicted to shopping or we want a new dress at every other outing.
Until recently I have never repeated a dress in any party or event in last 7 years, well all thanks to some strategical thinking and over active aesthetic sense. I know how sad I was when I was literally unable to find anything to wear at a party, resulting in repetetion of a dress. I need to move on but I am so hung up on this that I ended up writing about it.
May God bless all girls and shower us with lots of gorgeous dresses, skirts , tops , denims and accessories. :):):)
How come in USA every second girl is seen with COACH bags on their shoulders, where did all other barands disappear? Why are all the “C” bags and “LV” bags are so dull in color? Hmm.. I guess i will never buy one. Come on guys throw in some colors and get a new set of target market.