Flowers are nature’s best gift to humans. When we fail to express our emotions all we need is a flower. A single stem Rose can uplift a sad face in just a second, to show your loyalty and innocence Daisy is your best option. I was always fascinated by the beauty of the flowers, their vibrant colors are simple mesmerizing, their fragrances are so intoxicating and they are the best gift anyone can give you. I remember when I was a kid, I wanted to have my own flower boutique. In fact if given a chance today, I will still love to own a flower shop, probably at the corner of a busy but family friendly street. Oh! While writing this, there is a very beautiful and colorful flower shop image in my mind (I wish somehow I could let you all see that).
Today for my “Fun Facts Monday” post, I will be sharing few facts about flowers. Hopefully this post will help you decide which flower is the best option for which occasion.
1. Roses are valued for their romantic symbolism. :-
- Yellow roses– “joy”
- Red roses mean-“passion”
- Burgundy roses– “unconscious beauty”
- Orange/coral roses– “desire”
- Pink roses– “grace and gentility”
- Red and white roses together – “unity”
- White Roses “worthiness”.
2. Symbolism such as imagination, dreaminess, and a declaration of love is a big part of the allure of Tulips.
3. Feng shui buffs believe that Chrysanthemums will bring happiness and laughter to any room.
4. Carnation – Fascination, Women love
5. Daffodil – You’re the only one, Regard, Unrequited love
6. Dahlia – Instability
7. Daisies are symbolic of innocence and beauty.
8. Irises/Lilies symbolize “resurrection/life” and are popular for burials.
9. Lavender – Admiration, Solitude, Enchantment
10. Gardenias symbolize a secret and untold love.
11. Forget-Me-Nots – true love and remembrance.
12. Honeysuckles symbolize devoted affection, generosity
13. Hydrangea – Boastfulness
14. Iris – Warmth of affection
15. Ivy– Eternal fidelity
16. Jasmine – Amiability
17. Lilac – First Love
18. White Lilac – Youthful innocence
19. Lily – Majesty
20. Magnolia – Perseverance
21. Marigold – Affection
22. Mimosa – Secret love
23. Myrtle – Love, remembrance
24. Orange Blossoms – Purity, fertility
25. Orchids – Rare beauty, Love
26. Peony – Bashfulness
27. Poppies symbolize a consolation in time of death. In many countries, such as the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, red poppies are worn to commemorate veterans who died in war.
28. Rosemary – Remembrance
29. Sweet Pea – Delicate pleasures
30. Tulip – Love
31. Yellow Tulip – Hopeless love
Hope you had fun.
✽ ✾ ✿ A-) ❀ ❁ ❃ ❋